- The materials are carefully structured for early, emergent, and fluent readers.
- The materials are not translated but rather based on the specific orthographical building blocks as well as a natural progression of phonics learning for each target language.
- In each reader, there is explicit instruction for successful decoding, as well as reading activities related to the story to improve comprehension.
Shipping and Delivery
|Grade 1||1 and 2 star graded readers|
|Grade 2||3 star and up graded readers|
- Learners needs to read and understand all books at each level, including mastering the relevant phonics and sight words, before they can progress to the next level. For example, a Grade 2 learner may not be ready for a 3 star level reader yet, and may need to read the previous star levels first.
- Grade 3 books are divided in difficulty by term. Learners must start with Term 1 A/B before moving on to the Term 2 A/B readers, and so on.
We'll always offer you the fastest possible options for your order.
- Courier (next day service) * Additional charges apply!
- Courier (freight method) – 5/7 working days
- The Molteno driver – 2/3 working days
- Collection from Molteno warehouse – Same day (provided payment has been received!)
It is cheaper to order books in packs rather than individual titles:
Grade 1/2 (32 graded readers in total)
- A Library Pack = 1 copy x 32 readers at a reduced rate.
- A Classroom Pack = 6 copies x 32 readers at a reduced rate.
Grade 3 (8 readers in total)
- Classroom Pack A = 15 copies of each reader at a reduced rate.
- Classroom Pack B = 20 copies of each reader at a reduced rate.
- Classroom Pack C = 25 copies of each reader at a reduced rate.
Molteno offers an array of literacy materials. They are best used in conjunction:
Graded readers can be used for shared, group, guided, paired and independent reading;
Big Books – to be used with the graded readers for guided reading;
Alphabet friezes – teach the single letter sounds of the language’s alphabet;
Phonics charts – teach sounds of the language that are made up of more than one letter;
Vocabulary posters – are themed posters to teach new words.
- Courier (freight method) - 5/7 wprking days
- Courier fee (next day service)
- The Molteno driver fee for delivers to main centres throughout Gauteng (call our offices to arrange)
- Free collection from Molteno warehouse - Same day ( provided payment has been received and stock availability). Click here for directions!
Orders amounting to a value of R500 000 or more qualify for a 30% discount.
Each learner does not need their own copy of each of the 8 readers.
Learners are required to complete two readers per term. Readers A and B are at the same level, so half the class begins with Reader 1A and the other half of the class begins with Reader 1B. The first learner(s) in each group to complete their readers swap with each other, and so on through the terms.
Below is the pack suggestions for Grade 3 based on how many children are in your class:
Classroom Pack A
Classroom Pack B
Classroom Pack C